COVID-19 AND THE STEPS WE ARE TAKING
A MESSAGE FROM OUR MD SIAN HOLT
We’re very excited to announce that our high street shops have again re-opened their doors - and we can’t wait to catch up with visitors and customers, both new and old. We’ve missed each other, and we’ve missed you!
Since the closure of our High Street shops in March we have focussed on servicing our growing on line business to keep the fudge flame alight and we are very grateful for the huge support our customers have given us during this difficult time. It’s been heart-warming to be a key part of people’s well-wishing to their loved ones, whether self-isolating, furloughed, or recovering from COVID-19. Your warm wishes & positive reviews have helped keep us focussed on what we do best. “Fudge can’t fix life, but it does make it sweeter”.
In preparation for the re-opening and following Government guidelines, we’ve introduced a range of new safety measures to make your shopping experience as easy and safe as possible:
- Menu cards positioned in our windows allowing you to make flavour choices whilst queuing or before entering the shop. We’ve also temporarily introduced a set price for single slices of fudge, alongside our popular box deals, to make the selection process easier.
- We’ve gone Cashless! As we did ahead of the lockdown measures, we’re asking customers to pay by card, and preferably by contactless payment if able to.
- New social distancing markers on the floors to help guide you through
- Hand sanitiser pumps fitted for customer use before and after entering the shop.
- Clear protective barriers have been used to create a one-way system throughout, including screening off the fudge making area and sneeze-guards above our counter spaces, to protect our staff.
- New counter Collection Points to allow customers to pick up their fudge in a contact-less way.
- Our staff will help you shop safely - they may ask you to wait outside in order to keep a safely distanced number of people inside at any one time. We appreciate everyone’s patience with this measure.
Its onwards and upwards for us at Fudge Kitchen and we really hope to see you in our one of our shops very soon, you will be very welcome.
Please be assured that we are monitoring this situation very closely; keeping abreast of government recommendations as well as advice from the food and retail sector's advisory bodies and will take appropriate precautions and apply them fully to our business as the situation evolves.
Please keep safe and best wishes,